About The Project
ONAT4All is an important step towards achieving a more inclusive society by ensuring access and equal opportunities for PWDs in outdoors and adventure tourism.
The proposal will contribute to improve knowledge, competences and skills in defining accessible tourism products, services and processes of the Tourism guides/public and private organizations, SMEs active in nature/adventure tourism and outdoor activities; C-VET providers and VET providers in tourism; Chambers of commerce; and DMO. Its representatives will have more opportunities to participate in tailor-made learning paths in accessible tourism, and they will open their businesses to other customers, attracting internal and international flows, with economic benefits too. The project will promote the commitment of local, regional and national authorities responsible for the provision of education and training for SMEs in tourism value chain to support the objectives of this project, fostering the specialization of educators and trainers working in tourism sector and consequently improving the provision of services dedicated to PWDs to make them able to fully enjoy tourism opportunities.
Through networking and synergies, the proposal aims at:
- Fostering the inclusion of the learning proposed in C-VET paths related to tourism, hotel & catering and caregiving.
- Enhancing the development and improvement of useful skills, knowledge and competences of trainers in C-VET, SMEs staff, owners, and people working in tourism that need to update their skills to make their products, services and processes accessible, responding to the labour market requirements .
- Enhancing the development and Improvement of useful skills, knowledge and competences of persons working with PWDs that want to update their profiles to contribute to personal autonomy of people with disabilities, responding to the labour market requirements.
Objectives of the project
GO: ONAT4all aims at creating the suitable environment to contribute to re-boost EU tourism value chain providing tourism SMEs, in nature and adventure tourism, as well as outdoor activities, with proper knowledge, competences and skills to deal with accessibility to attract tourists with disabilities as important segment of the market, at local, national, EU and international level.
Making accessible tourism offer based on natural attractions and resources means working with offers that are independent from seasonality, promoting low and medium season tourism flows, with benefits for local communities, consisting in responsible and sustainable travel to experience natural areas and their landscape, protecting the environment and improving the quality of locals’ life, for PWDs that can fully enjoy tourism offers.
- SO1: To enhance the development and acquisition of proper and useful knowledge, skills and competences in tourism value chain to deal with accessible nature and adventure tourism and outdoor activities
- SO2: To foster personal autonomy of PWDs to fully enjoy nature and adventure tourism and outdoor activities.
- SO3: To promote awareness of the importance of accessibility related to tourism digital marketing.
Self-assessment tool for accessible tourism SMEs accessible. This result aims at improving the accessible tourism offer, generating paths to shift toward accessible nature/adventure tourism and outdoor activities. It will be done through the analysis of the state of the art in terms of accessibility of the SMEs in tourism value chain and providing them with proper knowledge, skills and competences to deal with accessibility. It consists in a self-assessment tool to measure the accessibility state of the art of the SMEs in tourism value chain and generating a report for the improvement of such state with the needed steps for providing the proper knowledge, skills and competences to shift toward accessible tourism products, services and processes.
Training for Personal Assistance for nature/adventure tourism and outdoor activities. This result aims at fostering personal autonomy of people with disabilities creating the proper conditions to deal with the constraints that they have in enjoining accessible nature/adventure tourism and outdoor activities. This result aims at training people that work on tourism value chain and as caregivers to provide them with the proper knowledge, skills and competences to foster personal autonomy of PWDs that wants to enjoy accessible nature/adventure tourism and outdoor activities.
Accessible digital Marketing Toolkit. This tool aims at generating awareness on how to carry on accessible digital marketing campaign in tourism to attract people with disabilities as an important tourism segment and to make SMEs in tourism value chain able to define inclusive digital marketing campaign to left no one behind and to make at the same time PWDs aware of the accessible opportunities in accessible nature/adventure tourism and outdoor activities